Hi everyone,
My cousin is turning 70 next month so I thought I would make her an extra-special card for her birthday:
Challenges
I am popping my card into the following challenges (click on the underlined link to take you to the challenge):
- Splitcoaststampers - Use it 2026 - Using old supplies to make a card
The main image plus the sentiment is by Craft Creations - Goldfinch in Cherry - and is diecut decoupage. I ADORE using diecut decoupage images for my cards. It is one of my most-favourite styles of card to make and I have made many over the years. There is something magical about bringing a flat image to life and I just enjoy the process so much.
I popped the images out of the sheet and cleaned up the edges because you always get this white bit which really stands out if you don't trim it off.
I put the layers together using both 0.5 and 1 mm Doublesided Adhesive Foam Squares but I added a dot of Tombow Mono Multi Glue to give me a little bit of wiggle room to make sure I have the elements exactly where I want them. This is something I learned to do a little while ago because if you just use the foam squares alone without the glue and stick it in the wrong spot, it can be problematic trying to get it up again without tearing it or leaving some of the foam square behind which can ruin the entire thing.
All the designer papers are by Graphic 45 - Botanical Tea - 8" x 8" pad which was first released in 2014. Graphic 45 re-released a Keepsake Edition of Botanical Tea in August 2025 so if you are after these papers, you can still get them (yay!) but the Keepsake Edition has 12" x 12" papers not the 8" x 8". I absolutely adore this collection - the colours make me very happy. It really was just pure coincidence that they matched the main image so perfectly.
Once I had finished putting the picture together, I layered it onto pink then blue designer paper with 1/16" and 1/8" borders respectively. These were trimmed using my We R Memory Keepers Perfect Layers Guides.
The Stepper Card was diecut from White Cardstock using my Big Shot with an Extended Platform and an old die from 2013 by Cheery Lynn Designs - Step Card #1. I picked this die up at a Craft Show many years ago here in Australia when it was half price. It was unique at the time but since then, a number of companies have released Stepper Card Dies - and of course, you can always just trim one out yourself without having a die. Personally, I suck at measuring so a die just saves me the frustration and hassle of trying to do it myself. This Cheery Lynn Die also comes with other dies to do the borders plus the card inside so it really is quick and easy to put the card together.
Here is a photo at an angle so you can see the layers on the main image:
Here is a photo of the card inside:
Sorry, it's not a great photo. It is so hard to take a photo of white with the designer paper because if I brighten the white, the designer paper looks all washed out and nothing like what it really looks like in real life.
The Green Cardstock was diecut using one of the dies from the Stepper Card Die Set and I just trimmed up the designer paper to fit.
The white sentiment panel was diecut using a Spellbinders Labels 1 Small Nestabilities Die. The sentiment is from the diecut decoupage set and was popped up on 1mm Doublesided Adhesive Foam Squares.
Finished size is 5-5/16" x 5-7/8" or 119mm x 105mm.
I decided not to put 70 on the card so it didn't shout at my cousin, HEY - YOU'RE 70. Not everyone necessarily wants a number on their card (I certainly don't!) - well, unless your a kid of course, then it is mandatory to show your age!
This card will be winging its way over to Western Australia - so the other side of the country to where I live. I am allowing at least two weeks for it to get there as it goes by truck - a journey of just around 3500 kilometres/2170 miles - and whilst they say 4-7 days, you never can be 100% sure - and I want to make sure my cousin definitely gets my card in time for her birthday and not a week too late!
Thanks for visiting my blog today.
Jocelyn
Card Recipe:
Stamps and Ink: None
Designer Paper: Graphic 45 Botanical Tea 8" x 8" Pad
Accessories: Big Shot with Extended Platform, Craft Creations DCD558 Goldfinch in Cherry Diecut Decoupage, 0.5 & 1mm Doublesided Adhesive Foam Squares, Tombow Mono Multi Glue, WRMK Perfect Layers Guides, Cardstock - White & Green
Dies: Cheery Lynn Designs Step Card #1 B348 (retired), Spellbinder Labels 1 Small Nestabilities S4-308 (retired)
No comments:
Post a Comment