Saturday, August 8, 2026
Uniquely Creative Echoes of the Outback Birthday Card
Hi blogging friends,
Today I am sharing another Masculine Card that I made for my brother-in-law's birthday:
I used a Uniquely Creative Echoes of the Outback Card Kit but made a few changes to the sample in the kit. This kit was released in April 2025. I love how Uniquely Creative has released lots of products over the years that celebrates everything Australian. When I first started cardmaking many years ago, the most Australian image you could get was Santa on a surfboard and that was about it - and even then, he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt which isn't remotely Australian.....sigh.... It is so refreshing to see local creators crafting cardmaking and scrapbooking products that capture the soul of our unique flora and fauna and sweeping landscapes.
Anyway, I am digressing, so back to my card: I specifically chose the images because my brother-in-law lives in rural Victoria and he regularly helps out a friend on their farm - and he just loves everything rural - so it was a no-brainer to choose a card design that encompasses his lifestyle.
I added a sheet of designer paper underneath the main image and used my Uniquely Creative Edge Distressing Tool to rough up the edges to make it look distressed. I glued the paper to Uniquely Creative Chocolate Cardstock using Tombow Mono Multi Glue.
The main image was fussy-cut from one of the 6 x 6 inch designer papers and was popped up on Uniquely Creative Foam Mounts. The original design in the card kit had more flowery images behind the main image - but I swapped them for gum blossoms and added extra gum leaves. I also added kangaroo paw flowers (the red flowers) as I felt they were more masculine than the other flowers. Some of the elements were fussy cut using my Uniquely Creative Fussy Cutting Scissors - others were from the matching Creative Cuts. I also used Uniquely Creative Paperbark Blooms Creative Cuts - and this range was released in April 2026.
For the most part, I glued down the stems so I could bend up the leaves/flowers a little to add some dimension to them.
The barbed wire underneath the sentiment is from the Echoes of the Outback Creative Cuts. The sentiment is also from the same pack and was popped up on 1mm mounts.
Once I had finished my card front, I glued it to a White Card Base using Tombow Mono Multi Glue.
Finished size is 5-15/16 x 4-1/4 inches or 151 x 108mm.
Thanks for visiting my blog today.
Jocelyn
Card Recipe (all Uniquely Creative unless stated otherwise):
Stamps and Ink: None
Designer Paper: Echoes of the Outback 6" x 6" + matching Creative Cuts, Paperbark Blooms Creative Cuts
Accessories: Fussy-Cutting Scissors, 1mm Foam Mounts, Distressing Tool UCE1986, Chocolate Cardstock, White Card Base, Tombow Mono Multi Glue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment