Saturday, August 15, 2026
Stampin' Up Vintage Tools Masculine Card
Hi everyone,
I originally made this card as my Splitcoaststampers Design Team Project for the February Fan Club Challenge CT0226 of 'Good People' - and one of the suggestions was to make a Thank You Card for people who help:
Now that it is 6 months since I shared this card in the Fan Club Gallery, I can share it here on my blog.
In case you don't know, the tool on the card is a
wordworking plane which is used to flatten, reduce the thickness of and
smooth wood surfaces by shaving off thin layers with a sharpened blade. It
transforms rough, uneven timber into straight, true, and refined pieces,
essential for furniture making and joinery. My late father's passion was working with wood and used this tool alot. I used to love sitting with him in his workshop watching him work. After he left school at Grade 8, he took himself off to Night School in the 1930s to learn cabinet-making and was very skilled.
I stamped the Plane and Sentiment using Stampin' Up
Pebbled Path Ink onto White Cardstock. I diecut the panel using
a Lifestyle Nesting Circle Die then went around the edges
using Pebbled Path Ink. I layered the main panel onto a grey
piece of Kaisercraft Documented Designer Paper then diecut
black cardstock using a Spellbinders Inverted Scalloped Circle Die and
my Big Shot. I popped the panel up a little using scrap
pieces of Black Cardstock.
The top designer paper on the card base is from the Kaisercraft
Documented Pad - and the bottom is by Mintay Garage from
their Add-On Pack. This Kaisercraft range is old and was
released in 2017.
The Black Cardstock centre panel was dry
embossed using a free embossing folder that came with a UK Cardmaking Magazine
ages ago. I sanded the panel using a Kaisercraft Sanding
Tool - which I thought was in-keeping with the whole vibe of my card.
I added the 3/8" / 1 cm wide Black Stitched Grosgrain
Ribbon in two separate elements because I find it easier for me that
way.
The card base is Stampin' Up Pebbled Path.
Lastly, I added 3 x Kaisercraft Black Pearls to
the top RHS.
Finished size is: 4-1/4" x 5-15/16" or 118mm
x 150mm.
I think you could use the card for a birthday as well - or just to tell someone how amazing they are.
Labels:
Big Shot,
Birthday,
Kaisercraft,
Lifestyle Dies,
Masculine,
Spellbinders,
Stampin' Up,
Stampin' Up Stamps,
Thank-you
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment