Tuesday, August 11, 2026
Uniquely Creative Echoes of the Outback Female Birthday Card
Hi everyone,
I made a Birthday Card for my cousin - another August birthday - but at least my cousin is female so it gave me a break from doing masculine cards:
I used a sample card in Uniquely Creative's Echoes of the Outback Magazine as the basis for my card but changed it significantly so it does look quite alot different to the original one.
I trimmed a sheet of 12" x 12" designer paper down to slightly smaller than my card front and dry embossed it using my Big Shot and Uniquely Creative Foliage Embossing Folder. I ran my Kaisercraft Sanding Block over it to highlight the foliage. I really love this embossing folder - one of my favourites.
The brown wooden ring is from the matching Creative Cuts and I glued on some Brown Check Designer Paper underneath from one of the 12" x 12" designer papers, then popped it up on Uniquely Creative Foam Mounts.
I added the Cockatoo on Foam Mounts as well. The foliage on the bottom RHS is from the Creative Cuts and is several layers thick so has loads of dimension which you can see here in this photo:
The foliage on the top LHS is also from the Creative Cuts. I glued the leaves down but left the tips so I could bend them up for dimension. The flowers and two more leaves were popped up on Foam Mounts.
The sentiment is from the Creative Cuts and was popped on a some scraps of White Cardstock.
I glued the entire panel onto Chocolate Cardstock, then glued the card front to a White Card Base.
Final touches were adding some Kaisercraft Pale Green Rhinestones using Art Glitter Glue. They did come with glue dots but as these rhinestones are quite old, the glue dots aren't overly sticky and I didn't want them to fall off in the mail.
Finished size is 4-5/16" x 6" or 109mm x 152mm.
I really love how my card turned out and it was so much fun to layer up all the different elements. My cousin lives in rural northern Victoria so I thought making a very Australian card would be perfect for her.
Thanks for visiting my blog today.
Jocelyn
Card Recipe (all products by Uniquely Creative unless otherwise stated):
Stamps and Ink: None
Designer Paper: Echoes of the Outback 12" x 12" + Creative Cuts (April 2025)
Accessories: Fussy-cutting Scissors, Foam Mounts, Foliage Embossing Folder UCE2024, Chocolate Cardstock, Big Shot, Kaisercraft Sanding Block, Tombow Mono Multi Glue, Art Glitter Glue, Kaisercraft White Card Base, Scraps of White Cardstock, Koala 1mm Foam Mounts, Kaisercraft Pale Green Rhinestones
Labels:
Big Shot,
Birthday,
Feminine,
Kaisercraft,
Uniquely Creative,
Uniquely Creative Card Kit,
Uniquely Creative Embosing Folder
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment